Friday, October 26, 2007

As if I wasn't crazy enough already...

S and I were cleaning out the team shelves this morning coz we're moving to a different floor next week. Super-Klutz that I am, I hit my head hard againt a jutting open door of the top shelf as I stood up after picking up something. Its not a deep gash, just a scratch with very little bleeding that stopped soon after. But it left a bump and some notions of nausea. And perhaps tampered with my already demented mind.

You would imagine THAT if nothing else would get me some sympathy from my wonderful friends. Ahem. Not quite.

Excerpts from remarks made by same wonderful friends:
N: (responding to my statement that I hit my head against a shelf and it bled). Whoa! I didn't know shelves at P&G bleed! Strong woman!

R: (in response to me pointing to the bump on my head) Teeheee! You're like Tom and Jerry with those bumps on their heads that jut out like 'POING' (makes the poing sound for added effect). Now all we need to do is hammer it back in like Jerry does to Tom.

Sigh.

In the spirit of leveraging the situation AND getting my revenge, can I claim temporary insanity for physical injuries inflicted on others, just for today?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I made polite accho paavam noises for what joy? Sigh, no gratitude these days, I say.. Children of this generation no - going to the dogs! :-)
- Penguin.

Anonymous said...

And I made polite accho paavam noises for what joy? Sigh, no gratitude these days, I say.. Children of this generation no - going to the dogs! :-)
- Penguin.

Anonymous said...

photo??

unpredictable said...

Penguin: Sorry da. But ur heartfelt sympathy was just NOT in keeping with the sarcastic tone of post. Not to say it wasn't appreciated deep inside my heart. Clearly not public enough for the limelight seeking you eh?

Nutan: Bah! Terrible terrible. You think I'm demented enough to put up a pic of the wound here and gross out people like myself?
Or you want a pic of me kicking ass?

Either way, selfish selfish. Not even ASKING if im dizzy and have fallen down and broken anything else. Che!

Nutan said...

i hoped that this injury managed to push you off the edge from almost demented to totally demented ... was trying my luck at getting a photo... may be another one or two such blows shud do the due.... people in singapore, try your best.... we are this close....

Anonymous said...

this is why we tell Indian girls to not grow so tall. *shakes head in disapproval* Listen to elders, child.

You have annoyed the very orthodox, devout and Indian-women-mustn't-grow-tall-but-must-be-fair-skinned believer -- Mogambo.
Therefore, Mogambo is not feeling khushi.

unpredictable said...

Nutan: You would hope, wouldn't you? Terrible people all of you i tell you... terrible ..

*Walks off looking for place to drown self and sorrow*

Mogambo: Sorry, but you should have told my amma not to pick me from that dustbin she picked me off, her own progeny would've turned out much shorter! :D

~nm said...

Ouch! That must have hurt!

And when I read it I also thought of Tom and Jerry's cartoon! Sorry..I'm sure you wanted some sympathies and not jokes :P