Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Woohoo .. Dum aloo ..

(Yes, yes, I'm a poet and I don't even know it! :D)


I sms my mum telling her I made this awesome tasting Dum Aloo (with pureed tomatoes, ground peppercorn, cardamom, almost-deep-fried-in-ghee potatoes, you know.. the works!) and she replies saying "Sanjeev Kapoor haar gaya. You know why? When he cooks, the smell is just domestic, yours is international! :D I can smell it all the way here?"

And when I msged her saying I'm about to put up pics on my blog, she calls me to tell me she was JUST THINKING THE SAME!

Yeah, yeah, madness pretty much runs in the family!

7 comments:

~nm said...

Drooooooooool!! LI literally wanted to grab a spoon and dig into the bowl for a bite!

I've never made dum aloo myself ever! Can you share the recipe?

Anonymous said...

I'm hurt that such brilliance happened, and you couldn't even so much as SMS me. I'm hurt :-(

Unknown said...

NM: :) pretty much on the lines of Rajma or Chole ... refer to any internet recipe on dum aloo to get the slight nuances right .. such as a dash of curd at the end ... :)

Penguin: :) sorry ya .. i left phone in hall charging when i got home and was too lazy to go get through this all .. i thot of u as is proven by comment left on yuvar blog :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Unpredictable,

Alas, the Dum Aloo turned out to be more Dum and less Aloo.

Regards,
PM

"Dum maro dum"

Unknown said...

Dear PM,

Next time please monitor the boiling of potatoes instead of putting google chat with interesting girls es?

Regards,
Unpred

Baby Vaijayanti and Puppy Manohar said...

Dear Unpredictable

This looks fantastic. Bet a littal request is.

Could you edit the image and add little green dots of corriander/cilantro garnishing over this.

I apologize but I am allergic to anything that does'nt have cilantro.

PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!

Baby V

unpredictable said...

Dear baby V,

I shall be sure to incorporate that very actionable feedback into my next round of cooking. It's just, lazy was coming to stock cilantro, so I didn't! :D

Regards,
Unpred