Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Sisterhood of the travelling pants

As 'Chick flick'y as they come, this is one movie every woman with any taste whatsoever for movies MUST watch!

A story of 4 young girls who chance upon a pair of jeans that fit them all (From the skinniest to the chubbiest!) and decide to take turns with using them through the first summer that they will all go their own ways away from home.

The jeans are expected to show their magic in some way, and through each story are expected to do something magical for the girl who's using them.. but kinda fail on their assigned responsibility .. until the end of the movie when all of the girls realize what was so special about the jeans was the lessons she learnt while she was their temporary owner in her respective story.

The sountrack is incredibly good too with a special mention for 'Unwritten' by Natasha Bedingfield for the magical uplift the melody brings to your soul (Proctorites might remember this as the Parthenon theme song within the company) and 'Black Roses Red' by Alana Grace for its very touching words. Posted below ... read on if ur the kind of person who keeps a word doc called lyrics on his/her laptop with words from your favorite songs within reach always :D (this one's on my doc for sure!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist: Alana Grace Lyrics
Song: Black Roses Red Lyrics


Can I ask you a question please
Promise you won't laugh at me
Honestly I'm standing here
Afraid I'll be betrayed.

As twisted as it seems,
I only fear love when it's in my dreams
So let the morning light come in and let the darkness fade away

Chorus:
Can you turn my black roses red?
Can you turn my black roses red?
Drowning in my loneliness
How long must I hold my breath
So much emptiness inside
I could fill the deepest sea

I reach to the sky as the moon looks on
One last year has come and gone
It's time to let your love rain down on me
Can you turn my black roses red?

Cuz I'm feelin like I'll blame it on love

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.: You dont have to be in the context of the song NOW, im sure every woman has been there atleast once in her life :-)

4 comments:

Sharmili said...

check out the movie and lemme know how it is... ill watch for sure :))))

did u watch music and lyrics? no reviews :(((((((

unpredictable said...

Sorry re baccha, forgot music n lyrics .. dont rbbr too much to write a review ... but i LOVED Sisterhood .. we'll watch it wen ur here okkk???

Anonymous said...

unpredictable, i never knew that many people actually do this - have a word doc on desktop called lyrics :-D i thought it was just me! :-D am thrilled!!!
thanks for the lyrics! :-)

unpredictable said...

Hey Archie! i hope @ is indeed u! :) Karthik told me u follow the blog regularly .. so thanks for tht!!! Yeah yeah most women share these traits that others find so amusing and yet are all too common! :D